Writing about your research in order to secure funding is a skill that you will need to hone throughout (and, often, beyond) your graduate career. The following workshops and resources will set you up for funding success!
Note: The Graduate Division maintains a library of successful grant proposals. Feel free to stop by our office in SSB 310 to browse these proposals as you are getting ready to write your own!
On-Campus Workshops (via GEARS)
- Applying for National Predoctoral Fellowships
- Applying for Dissertation Fellowships
- Applying for Postdoctoral Fellowships
NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) Resources
- How to Win a Graduate Fellowship
- Michael Kiparsky, Chronicle of Higher Education (May 11, 2006)
- Grant-Writing Tips for Graduate Students
- Lisa Patrick Bentley, Chronicle of Higher Education (November 11, 2010)
- Dr. Karen's Foolproof Grant Template
- Karen Kelsky, The Professor Is In (July 16, 2011)
- How to Fail in Grant Writing
- Elizabeth Jakob, Adam Porter, Jeffrey Podos, Barry Baun, Normal Johnson, and Stephen Vessey, Chronicle of Higher Educaiton (December 5, 2010) of Higher Education