The University of California, Merced is committed to the recruitment, admission, and retention of a high quality graduate student population. The Graduate Dean’s Relocation Award is intended to provide need-based support to entering doctoral students who have incurred costs by relocating to Merced and can show clear financial need.
Eligibility Requirements & Standards
- Ph.D. students entering their first year of graduate study at UC Merced.
- Must be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or AB540 students.
- Must have completed a FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application.
- Must be able to show financial need
- Each recipient will receive an award up to $1,000, as funds are available.
- Awards will disburse early in the Fall semester.
Student Loan Impact
- Per federal guidelines, all fellowship and tuition support is taken into consideration when determining student loan eligibility. If the student will receive federal student loans during the same academic year as this award, please note that this award could, and most likely will, reduce their student loan eligibility.
Application & Review Procedures
- Apply by completing an online application at https://gradopportunities.ucmerced.edu/grad.
- Each application must include a one-page personal statement that speaks to how this award will help the student overcome a financial relocation hardship. The statement should also speak to the unique challenges they have faced, or continue to face, in the pursuit of their educational goal.
* The Graduate Division reserves the right not to make an award in any given year for which a call for applications/nominations has been issued.