Faculty and staff in your department can help you navigate academic and interpersonal issues. talk to your Graduate Support Staff, Advisory Committee, Graduate Group Chair, and Department Chair.
Contact the graduate program coordinator of your program to make an appointmnet.
The campus Ombuds is a CONFIDENTIAL and informal resource for students, staff and faculty. It will provide informal dispute resolution services to faculty, lecturers, postdoctoral scholars, staff, students and anyone with a university-related concern. Call Chanelle Reese at 209-228-4410 for appointments. Email: Ombuds do not use email for confidential communications.
Supportive and affirming of all cultural diversity statuses, CONFIDENTIAL counseling services, Psychiatric services, group counseling, mental health screening, crisis, grief, trauma, stress, depression and self-care
- Graduate Student Support Group- Facilitated by Dr. Shao Li. Open to all current and incoming graduate students and provides a free, confidential space to improve graduate student experiences
- International Graduate Student Support Group - Meets bi-weekly in Wednesdays from 4-5 p.m. (Paused for summer)
- Graduate Student Support Group - Thursdays, 4-4:45 p.m. (Paused for summer)
- LIVE Health: Students who have UC SHIP will not be charged a co-pay for Live Health beginning August 15. https://health.ucmerced.edu/livehealth Beginning August 15 there's no co-pay for this service.
- Gary Cannon Psychological Service Center: free tele-behavioral health provided by graduate-level trainees under the direct supervision of licensed psychologists. Will continue to provide no-cost services throughout 2021 (and likely into 2022).
- Some providers are offering in-person services in Merced County through UC SHIP, however, there isn’t an updated list of providers we can suggest at the moment.
E-mail: email@example.com Never Email Private Health Information
The Campus Advocate is available to provide CONFIDENTIAL support for those affected by sexual violence, dating/domestic violence, and stalking. Survivors and significant others can access services about incidents that occurred on or off-campus.
Call or text campus Advocate - Lynna Cano at 209-386-2051
Valley Crisis Center: 7/24 Hotline: 209-722-4357
Responds to discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex- or gender-stereotyping and sexual orientation.
Email: Michael Salvador at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supports student success through services designed to promote integrity, ethical decision making, effective communication, and conflict management in alignment with the Principles of Community.
Provide academic accommodations to students with disabilities. Reading and adaptive technology services and test-taking accommodations.
Email: Drew Shelburne at email@example.com
The Office of the Associate Vice Chancellor and Dean of Students supports the University’s mission and values while placing students first in all endeavors.
If you anticipate or experience barriers due to pregnancy, temporary medical condition, or injury, you are encouraged to contact the Dean of Students for support and resources.
Through various forms of intervention, including problem-solving, mediation, training and counseling, Labor Relations offers balanced advocacy to management and individual employees to protect their respective rights and facilitate a more harmonious work environment.
ASUCM Staff is Available via Live Chat Monday through Thursday
The mission of the Student Resource Law Clinic at University of California, Merced is to provide a connection betweenUCM students and legal counsel, and supply information that revolves around any and all legal aspects including but not limited to constitutional law, administrative law, tax law, criminal law, and private law. The Clinic is to be accessible, open and free of charge to all UCM students who seek its services.
Works to reduce prejudice, bias, and discrimination towards members of the LGBTIQ communities at UC Merced. Provides social and educational programming.
Email: Angi Baxter at firstname.lastname@example.org