Explore the links below to see the graduate degrees UC Merced offers and learn how you can become part of our growing campus community. Then check out our cutting-edge research, excellent funding opportunities, inclusive community, and extensive professional development programming for yourself and see why UC Merced is your new first choice for graduate education.
- Critical thinking for decision-making in complex systems
- Technology-enabled services
- Sustainability and natural resource management
- Entrepreneurship, innovation and strategy
- Data analytics: spatial, web, networks
- Leadership, diversity and communication
- Applied Controls
- Energy Conversion and Storage
- Fluid and Plasma Dynamics
- Heat Transfer
- Innovative Design
- Solar Energy
- Thermal Science and Engineering
- Thermal and Electrochemical Energy
Public Health graduate students at UC Merced advance their careers by pursuing a research-based Ph.D. with our diverse faculty, training students to conduct transdisciplinary, community-based research to address health issues that areimportant to vulnerable populations in rural areas.
Some examples of current research areas include chronic disease prevention, reducing health disparities, environmental health, Latino health, cancer, and health promotion and behavior change. These areas of study are part of our emphasis in Prevention Sciences, a transdisciplinary course of study that gives students the skills and training they need to address pressing public health problems.
Public Health Polices & Procedures
- Biomolecular interactions
- Genomics and proteomics
- Cellular interactions and signal transduction
- Organ systems and whole animals (both vertebrate and invertebrate)
- Comparative ecology, evolution and organismal biology
- Computational biology
* An emphasis within the Individual Graduate Program (IGP).