- Online Application and Fee: Submit the online admission application . After you have completed the application, make the application fee payment using the online payment system.
Graduate application fee waivers are available for eligible U.S. citizens or permanent residents based on program participation or demonstrated financial need. A fee waiver may be requested on the admission application. *Note: if you apply for a fee waiver, do not pay the fee unless you are contacted by the Graduate Division.
- Transcripts: Submit one official transcript for all college-level work. Official transcripts must be in sealed envelopes issued by the institution(s) you have attended.
- GRE scores: You may report self-reported scores on the application, however, official scores are required to complete your application.The GRE institution code for UC Merced is 4129.
- Letters of Recommendations: Three letters of recommendation are required for graduate admissions. Preferably from professors or instructors in the proposed field of study.
- TOEFL (International applicants only): Please select institution code 4129 to have your official score sent to UC Merced.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): Submit by March 2nd to meet priority processing. This form may be filled out online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. UC Merced's federal code is 041271.
- Statement of Purpose and Personal History: If you did not submit the Statement of Purpose with your online application, please send it separately to the Graduate Division.
- Check the status of your application: Once you submit your application, you will receive an email with a link to check the status of your application.
Send required documents to:
5200 North Lake Road, SSB 310
Merced, CA 95343