- Filing your thesis or dissertation is the final step toward obtaining your graduate degree. UC Merced requires online submission of all theses and dissertations. You must have committee approval before submission.
- Students are responsible for preparing the thesis or dissertation in the proper format and for ensuring the submission of theses or dissertation and all required forms by the posted deadlines.
- Writing services for graduate students are available through Graduate Division: we offer professional development seminars on academic and fellowship writing as well as writing tutoring during the fall and spring semester.
- Students are strongly encouraged to schedule an exit interview with Graduate Division staff. During this appointment, our staff will review all items received to verify all submission requirements have been met. Exit intervews may be scheduled by calling (209) 228-4723.
- For more information on preparing your thesis/dissertation, please refer to UC Merced's Thesis and Dissertation Guidelines.
Checklists & Final Report Forms
- Doctoral Degree Completion Checklist
- Final Report for the Ph.D. Degree (Ph.D. students only)
- Master's Degree Completion Checklist
- Final Report for the Master's Degree
Students will begin by creating an account on UC Merced’s Electronic Thesis and Dissertation (ETD) website. Once logged in, you may submit your manuscript and view/revise an existing submission. If you are submitting a revision, use the "revise dissertation" link; do not create a new account. The student’s acceptance of the Submission Agreement and ProQuest Release is required to submit the electronic doctoral dissertation or master’s thesis.
For questions about doctoral dissertation or master's thesis required forms, contact the Graduate Division at (209) 228-4723 or email@example.com.
For technical assistance with the ETD site, contact ProQuest directly at: (877) 408-5027. Available 9am-6pm EST, Monday through Friday (excluding US holidays).
- Submit single electronic file in PDF/A format
- Thesis/dissertation must follow all formatting guidelines for submitting an electronic manuscript
- Review all instructions on the ETD website prior to submitting your thesis/dissertation
- Once dissertation/thesis is approved by Graduate Division, no revisions are allowed.
- Students will need to submit required corresponding forms to the Graduate Division, Student Services Building 310, once they have submitted their thesis or dissertations electronically and no later than the posted deadline.
- The final, approved electronic manuscript will be sent to the UC Merced Library for archiving and, with student permission, open-access publication.
- Please refer to UC Merced's Thesis and Dissertation Guidelines manual.