The Dr. Vikram and Priya Lakireddy Fellowship is intended to help a doctoral student complete their research and degree. Top Ph.D. students focusing on translational health research will be eligible to apply.
Eligibility Requirements & Standards
- Must be a Ph.D. student who has advanced to candidacy prior to receipt of the award.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory progress toward degree, have a minimum 3.0 GPA in their graduate studies at UC Merced, and be enrolled in 12 units during the award period.
- Must be conducting dissertation research focusing on translational health research.
- Recipients will receive a one semester (Fall or Spring) fellowship of up to $11,000 plus payment of Graduate Fees (Resident Tuition, Student Services Fee and Health Services Fee), excluding Campus Based Fees.
Student Loan Impact
- Per federal guidelines, all fellowship and tuition support is taken into consideration when determining student loan eligibility. If you will receive federal student loans during the same academic year as this award, please note that this award could, and most likely will, reduce your student loan eligibility.
Application & Review Procedures
- Apply by completing an online application. Please note, the fellowship application is built within the admissions system, so you might see some items that reference admissions.
- During the application process you will be able to select this fellowship among others, if it is currently open.
- Please include the following items with your application:
- General Statement - 1-2 pages that describe your research area(s) of interest, accomplishments to date and long-term academic goals.
- Project Plan/Timeline - 1-2 pages that describe your academic goals that will be supported by the fellowship(s), including a plan for training and research activities for the time period of fellowship support. The plan may include professional meetings, courses, workshops, seminars, and professional development activities for pursuing an academic career.
- For your statement and plan if applicable, write for a general academic audience, i.e. a faculty reviewer who does not necessarily have expertise in your area of research.
- Unofficial up-to-date UCM transcript.
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- One letter of recommendation from a UCM faculty member.
- The fellowship committee will review all complete applications. Review criteria will include adherence to the fellowship guidelines, the academic qualifications of the applicant, and the letter of recommendation. Please note, incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
* The Graduate Division reserves the right not to make an award in any given year for which a call for applications/nominations has been issued.
See the Internal Fellowships page for current deadlines associated with this fellowship.