The Graduate Resource Center has developed this checklist for new students who will be matriculating each fall. The first items are required of all students; the remainder are recommendations.
- Set up your UC Merced ID/Campus Account.
- Review and complete your Admissions Checklist via My.UCMerced.Edu.
- Register for GROW.
- Review your Campus Transportation and Parking Services options. .
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Graduate students who are U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or immigrants should complete a FAFSA regardless of financial status or financial need.
- Complete the Statement of Intent to Register by the deadline as specified by your offer letter.
- Sign and return Summary of Financial Support (if applicable).
- Register for Classes. New students will register for classess before arriving for GROW. Please consult with your faculty advisor for questions regarding course registration.
- Understand your campus-based fees.
- Complete the Health Insurance Waiver, if necessary. Deadline August 01, 2020.
- Get your UC Merced ID Card. New students will get ID card during GROW.
- Update your address in your academic record.
- Update your address in your payroll record.
- Student immunizations are required by August 26, 2020. Please review the guidelines.
- International students review the Arrival Guide (Arrival Guide also has helpful information for domestic students) and the International Studnet Handbook - 2020-21_new_international_student_handbook.pdf
- Review financial planning information.
- Review the housing database and off-campus housing options.
- Order textbooks.
- Find directions to campus.
- Find out how to get to Merced, CA from the local International Airports.
- Review your child care and local school information.
- Get involved with the Graduate Student Association (GSA).
Things to Bring with You:
- Necessary documentation for Hiring Paperwork (see I-9 Form in hiring paperwork for acceptable documents).
Please contact the Graduate Resource Center with any questions or concerns regarding GROW or your transition to graduate study at UC Merced.