The Dr. Donald and Effie Godbold Fellowship Award is designed to recognized the unique challenges that face international graduate students and the promise that they can contribute a unique perspective to our community. This award is based on the merit of the graduate student’s current academic standing and the submitted personal statement. This fellowship is available only to PhD students with an international student visa status.
Eligibility Requirments & Standards
- PhD students with an international student visa status.
- Currently be enrolled in 12 units in one of the graduate programs, GPA ≥ 3.0 and good academic standing.
- Only one award will be made each academic year.
- Recipient will receive an award of $1,000 in this current academic year to be used for travel and/or student research. Funds will disburse by the middle of Spring 2018.
Use of Funds
- Funds may be used specifically for the pursuit of educational and graduate career goals.
- Apply by completing an online application.
- Each application must include a one-page personal statement that speaks to how this award will help the student overcome the unique challenges facing international students and achieve their educational goals. Special consideration will be given to students whose research and/or extracurricular activities contribute to the broadening of cultural perspectives at UCM and the greater Central Valley.
- Must include one letter of recommendation from a UCM faculty member, CV and unofficial UCM transcripts.
- The fellowship committee will review all complete applications based on the criteria above. However, please note, incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
2015 Godbold fellow Carmen Kho and Dr. Donald and Effie
Godbold, along with Dr. Alex Main and Graduate Dean Marjorie Zatz
See the Internal Fellowships page for current deadlines associated with this fellowship.
Quantitative and Systems Biology